Wednesday, June 25, 2014

First Day of Summer...for my kids!

Yesterday was the last day of school for my 2 younger kids. Today they get to sleep in and have a day of leisure. Might not be as fun as they may think....I have to go to work for a few hours, my husband is just coming off night shift, my 26 year old son is watching them AND it looks like it's going to be a rainy day. I wonder what is on their agenda today...probably tv and computer so they stay quiet enough for my husband to sleep.

I have been working as a School Nurse for about 9 years now. My current assignment has been at a small, private school in Northern New Jersey. The kids at my school have been out for almost a week now, but I have to go in for a bit to tie up some loose ends. I like to have all of my known transfers ready before I leave for Summer as well as start the health records for incoming students. That way the start of the next school year is a lot smoother. Plus it gives parents a chance to catch up on immunizations and get the paperwork started for students with special healthcare needs like asthma and food allergies.

Hope to finish everything up so I can go to my husband's doctors appointments. As a mom and a nurse I am "on call" 24/7/365.

Looks like the kitties  don't want to wait until the kids wake up to feed them. Breakfast is served..... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment